The John Grierson Grant has been set aside to assist with the costs involved in traveling to the biennial AALL conference (or, if the successful applicant lives near the conference, it may be used to assist with other costs). Delegates who meet the conditions of application and are prepared to contribute to the Conference may apply.
Email the completed application form to the grant secretary attaching a one-page letter of recommendation from a student with whom you have worked and a current ALL colleague.
Using the application form indicate that you:
- are a financial member of AALL at the time of the application,
- are currently employed as an Academic Language and Learning (ALL) professional at a tertiary institution in Australia or New Zealand (fractional and fixed-term staff may apply, if they meet all conditions).
- At the time of the biennial AALL conference will have been an ALL professional for not more than 18 months.
- have never previously attended an AALL conference.
- You are willing to facilitate an AALL conference roundtable: New AALL staff – challenges and opportunities.
The John Grierson Grant applications will be considered by a Committee of between 3 and 4 people, comprising the AALL Conference convener, a representative from the University of Western Sydney, and one other senior ALL representative. The committee will consider the applications on two key grounds: eligibility and the interest of the proposal for the ALL New Advisers’ round table.