View our reports. Voice your questions. Vote on decisions. Volunteer to lead. Join us between 20 and 30 November at the AALL AGM.
AALL members are warmly invited to join us at this year’s AGM online. This features 3 parts over 20 days:
- 10-20 November – pre-reading reports and proposals,
- 20 November – live Zoom meeting and Q&A session, and
- 20-30 November – online voting, volunteering and feedback.
We will be emailing members with updates over this period. See agenda below for more details.
— Your executive team
PART 1 Tuesday 10 to Friday 20 November 2020
- Check out reports and proposals on this webpage, and the AALL AGM minutes 2019
- Email your nominations for unsung hero awards and honorary life members to Roz.Rowen@cdu.edu.au by 15 November.
- Consider nominating for a leadership role in a sub-committee, working group or interest group.
PART 2 Friday 20 November 2020 – AGM live via Zoom (members will be emailed Zoom link; queries to Roz.Rowen@cdu.edu.au)
- AALL highlights 2020.
- Proposals for 2021: budget, revised rules/constitution (endorsements pending quorum).
- Announcements and endorsements: Unsung hero awards, honorary life members, executive changes, endorsement of Shirley Brown to continue as QLD rep and Gail Heinrich to continue as ACT rep, new leadership roles.
- Actions 20-30 November: voting on proposals and volunteering in areas of interest for 2021.
PART 3 Friday 20 November to Monday 30 November 2020 – AGM online voting, volunteering and feedback (link will be emailed to members; queries to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete online voting.
- Register interest in volunteering for AALL interest groups, working groups and sub-committees.
- Send us your ideas for 2021, and your questions and feedback.
For release beginning 13 November
- President’s report – Get a behind the scenes look at what the Executive have been working on this year. Find out what we’ve achieved, what we’ve got planned, and how you can make the most of your AALL membership next year.
- State and territory reports – Discover the people, the issues and how AALL representatives and members have been enhancing their practice across Australia. Want to get involved? Find out who to contact in your local area.
- JALL report – Learn how the Journal of Academic Language and Learning has contributed to research and professional practice this year. Want to publish or to peer review? See how you can contribute.
- Grants report – Get the scoop on 2019 projects, find out what’s been funded in 2020 and learn about competitive grants available in 2021.
- Treasurer’s report – See what AALL funds supported this year. Learn about our decisions to help members. Take a look at our proposed budget for 2021 and let us know if we’ve got it right.
Money matters: how should we spend it?
We’d like to know if the 2021 proposed budget supports AALL priorities that are important to you.
Members matter: how can you help?
Expressions of interest are opening soon for members and leaders of AALL working groups, sub-committees and interest groups.
Constitutional matters: do you approve?
Let us know if our updated rules/constitution will help:
- represent and support members,
- enhance professional networks and practice,
- promote discussion, PD, publications and research.
Email Roz by 15 November with your nominations for awards for unsung heroes and honorary life members who have provided outstanding service to AALL over a significant period. Award recipients will be announced on 20 November.Roz.Rowen@cdu.edu.au