Contributions are sought for the Special Issue of the Journal of Academic Language and Learning dedicated to the 2019 conference. In this issue, we present key papers, commentaries, reflections, letters, and book reviews related to the conference themes.
The deadline for submissions is the 31st March 2020. The Issue will be published in the second half of 2020.
If you did not present at the conference, you are still encouraged to make a submission.
This Special Issue will address your responses to the conference theme of A(a)ll Around the World which focussed on international and intercultural perspectives of ALL work. We invite papers, commentaries, reflections, book reviews and letters related to any of the following sub-themes and conference provocations:
- Which cultural assumptions about language and learning do we need to question?
- What do we, as educational leaders, need to do to support student success?
- How do we create and maintain connection in a digital world?
- transcultural learning
- university cultures
- academic writing
- language proficiency
- new technologies
- multi-modal approaches
- enabling technologies
- postgraduate research students
- learner identities
- peer-to-peer learning
- online pedagogies
Papers will be double-blind, peer-reviewed by two reviewers. The review criteria includes:
- Relevance and interest to JALL readership.
- How well informed the paper is by previous scholarship in the field.
- How substantial a contribution to understanding in this field is provided by the paper.
- The quality of the evidence, reasoning and theorising used to support the conclusions of the manuscript.
- The quality of the writing.
Author Guidelines and information about the focus and scope of the journal are set out on the journal website: http://journal.aall.org.au/index.php/jall/index
To create a submission, please use the attached template for all submission types and additional guidelines for commentaries and reflections. You will need to log in to the journal (see the links under Online Submissions) and follow the prompts for new submissions: http://journal.aall.org.au/index.php/jall/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions
Potential reviewers Please let us know by return email if you are willing to review for this issue by sending us an email stating the topics that you are willing to review.
For more information contact the Guest Editors:
Maggie McAlinden email@example.com
Meriel Griffiths firstname.lastname@example.org