2011 AALL Conference

On behalf of the organising committee for the 2011 AALL conference in Adelaide (24-25 November, 2011), I have great pleasure in advising you that the conference website is now available for viewing:

http://www.adelaide.edu.au/clpd/aall2011/

You'll see that the title and themes are finalised, and the registration form is ready so you can feel free to start planning submissions and register early to make sure you have a place at the conference. We have a fantastic venue for both the conference itself as well as the dinner, and we're putting together a great program of pre-conference workshops for 23 November. We're also particularly excited to have Professor Marcia Devlin as our keynote speaker.

Contact details are available on the website, but what would be even better would be for comments and questions to be posted on the forum for the benefit of everyone. Just click "add new content" below and someone from the committee will definitely respond soon. You can also subscribe to the topic (just click "Subscribe") to keep up to date with conference news via email.

My personal thanks to everyone on the committee and beyond who has helped to bring this website into being, and particular thanks to Peter Murdoch for all the hard work setting it up and upskilling me to populate and maintain it.

See you at the conference!

Cheers

Chad

Marcia's blog

Hi all

At the risk of starting a dialogue with myself I thought I'd share with you a blog post from Marcia Devlin, our keynote speaker:

http://www.deakin.edu.au/deakin-speaking/node/93

This speaks to a much of the current envrionment in higher education as well as the conference themes and major concerns of AALL. What do you think?

Cheers
Chad

Dr Chad Habel Centre for Learning and Professional Development University of Adelaide

Marcia's blog

just read the blog- interesting take on success- I like the hopefulness aspects- I am a bit of a discursive contexts person by which I mean that agency isn't just about hope but about conditions that enable and restrain- but happy to build the hope idea into that-I think that Marcia is a great choice for the conference- thanks for the blog link Chad

Call for papers now open

Hi everyone

Happy new year! We hope you had a great break and are looking forward to an exciting year ahead.

We are pleased to announce that the call for papers for the 2011 AALL conference is now open. Please note that we are using an online abstract submission system, and that abstract submissions are due by March 31st, 2011. Further information is available on the conference website: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/clpd/aall2011/

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact any of the conference organisers. We look forward to receiving your abstracts for the conference.

Regards
Chad

On behalf of the 2011 AALL Conference organising committee

Dr Chad Habel Centre for Learning and Professional Development University of Adelaide

Call for reviewers

Special issue of the Journal of Academic Language and Learning

Call for reviewers

We have had a wonderful response to the call for papers for the AALL Conference 2011, Forging New Directions in AALL, and are now looking for reviewers for the special issue of the Journal of Academic Language and Learning which will appear shortly after the conference.

If you are willing to review a paper for the journal and can do so between 15 July and 12 August, please contact Cally Guerin.

Guest editors
Cally Guerin (cally.guerin@adelaide.edu.au)
Julia Miller (julia.miller@adelaide.edu.au)